This blog is a collection of a young woman's random thoughts, many tangents, and occasional
short stories and novel excerpts. Stay tuned for plenty of bull and brief moments of brilliance.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fads: Then and Now

Okay, so I don't consider myself to be TOO old, but now that I reflect on it, I'll be 20 next year! Looking at kids/tweens now, I see the similarities...and the differences. By then, I mean the 1990's to early 2000's. And by now, I mean later 2000's. Mainly fads and technological advances, but here are a few I can recall from my youth. So here it is, how different (and similarly stupid) childhood fads/"cool" stuff from then and now:

THEN
Stuff to do:
Pokemon cards
Furby
Gelly Rolls
Walkman
CD player
Beanie Babies
Internet (the birth of the home internet)
Tamagotchi
Gameboy
Polly Pockets
slap bracelts

Music:
Backstreet Boys
N'SYNC (but you couldn't be a fan of both!)
Spice Girls
Brittany Spears
Dream Street

TV Shows:
Boy Meets World
Barney
Rugrats
Saved by the Bell
Wishbone

Clothing:
Midriff tops
Bell bottom jeans
Hypercolor (color changing clothing)
Hi-top shoes


NOW
Stuff to do:
Silly Bandz
Webkinz
Facebook/MySpace/Twitter
Cell phones! For kids!
Digital cameras
iPods
DVD's/Blueray

Music:
Miley Cyrus
Jonas Brothers
All Time Rush
Justin Bieber
High School Musical

TV Shows:
Wizard's of Waverly Place
Hannah Montana
Spongebob
iCarly

Clothing:
"Emo" clothing
Skinny jeans
Uggs
Crocs

1 comment: