This blog is a collection of a young woman's random thoughts, many tangents, and occasional
short stories and novel excerpts. Stay tuned for plenty of bull and brief moments of brilliance.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Time of Thanks

As Thanksgiving fast approaches (which just so happens to be my least favorite holiday for various reasons...) I am thinking about for what I am thankful. I look next to me on the couch in the living room in my Wisconsin house and think about how much I love her and so much else in my life. Here are some things I'm thankful for:

I'm thankful for my sister and best friend, Stephie.
I'm thankful for my sweet little bro, Nick.
I'm thankful for my daddy, the greatest man I've ever known.
I'm thankful for my mommy and her influence in my life.
I'm thankful for my dog Lucy and her never-ending adorableness.
I'm thankful for my DSHA friends for our seven years of insanity.
I'm thankful for Michelle and our coffee dates and TV addiction.
I'm thankful for Gianna for her loyalty and support.
I'm thankful for all of my sisters for being there.
I'm thankful for my family for their love.
I'm thankful for Eldon for making me smile and believing in me.
I'm thankful for DSHA for giving me a solid foundation.
I'm thankful for The University of Iowa for letting me explore.
I'm thankful for Ireland, Cork, and UCC for redefining me.
I'm thankful for my faith and somehow not losing it over the years.
I'm thankful for sunrises, sunsets, orange juice, ice cream, coffee, tiny puppies, hedgehogs, pretty dresses, twirly skirts, Converse, fluffy pillows, goodnight kisses, cuddly hugs, smiling, laughing, crying while laughing, standing in the pouring rain and looking up to the skies, stars that sparkle brightly, newspapers with awesome headlines, Facebook, online shopping, school and sometimes homework, glasses, chocolate, black tea, fresh December snow, presents, bold colors, words woven together so beautifully that they make my heart soar...and sleep. Quite thankful for that last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment